- Where are you? FUJI!!!!!!!!
- What is your companion's name? Sister Patrick
- Where is she from? I think Alabama?
- How long has she been out? She "Dies" in January
- How was your flight? It was long! I slept most of the time!
- Did your luggage make it all the way there? Yep!
- Where you able to sleep much? Jet lag is a real thing!
- What time (your time) did you get to Nagoya? 7? I don't really remember
- How do you like your mission President and wife? they are the cutest! I love them!
- Did you get your Debit card? Yep!
- Were you able to get money for your bike? I didn't get my card on time, so I used some money on the m...And then Patrick姉妹 let me borrow money from her!
- Can you understand any Japanese? I DON'T KNOW JAPANESE!!!!! -- Okay, some!
- Did Sorensen Shimai get to bring her violin? She couldn't! She was super sad about it!
- How is the food so far? I love it!!!
- What have you eaten? I've had different types of curry, sushi, really cool mushrooms, udon!
- Will you be cooking most of your own food or eating with members or eating out? We have done all of the above!
- Do you have investigators you have been teaching? We haven't taught them yet!
- Have you been pretty tired? I feel fine all day until 6, then my eyes feel really heavy!
- Has the time change been hard? Kind of?
- Did Sorensen Shimai get to call home from Portland? Yep! She was so glad she did!
- What did you do with the phone? Threw it away!
- What do you like the most so far? EVERYTHING!!!
- What has been the hardest so far? (besides the language) Putting Sheets on a Futon...
- What is your apartment like? It's super cute!
- What is the weather like there now? Every weather! It's been sunny it's been rainy!!
- Are there just the two of you or are their other sisters in the apartment? Yep! Just me and Patrick姉妹
- How is sleeping on a Futon? I love it!
- Where do you go to get the internet? The church!
- Do you have an IPad? Typing on it right now!
- What is the most amazing thing? Being in Japan!
- What is the strangest thing? Being in Japan!
- Have you seen anybody you know (besides the group you arrived with) I got to see Stone姉妹 and Sargent姉妹! They were my Senpai when I got to the MTC!!
- How have you felt the Spirit this week? When we visited an Old Folks home in Fukuroi! Also Dendoing (mission) to people on the street and on the train!
- Are there very many members of the Church in your area? There are 50 active and about 400. let me repeat...400 less active!!
- Do we send letters (snail mail) to the mission office or to your apartment? Mission Office!
Also for more things... I have never seen so many spiders, vending
machines, super genki (healthy/happy) old people walking the streets,
and stairs in my life! It's awesome!:)
愛しています!(I love you!)
After we got all the questions answered Callie sent another email with this wonderful letter! No Pictures though!!
Okay, I am starting this group email so it's easier for all to read!
If you don't want them then.... I'm sorry.... No, tell me if you don't
want to receive them and I'll take you off!:) I love you all!:)
I got to Japan on Tuesday! It was a long day, probably the longest two
days of my life! But we got to Japan alright! We got off the plane
from Tokyo and met the Mission President and his wife!!! They are the
cutest!! We then went to the honbu (mission home) and had taco salad,
with rice.... Yep...
Well Wednesday we got to meet our trainers!!! Ahhh!! We walked into
the church and walked into the chapel and they were all standing there
singing! We sat down And they called us up one by one and told us
where we were assigned to serve and who our trainer is! I was called
up and he said it all in Japanese... So I didn't know what he said!
But I heard "your companion is Patrichk姉妹(shimai) she comes up and we
pointed where we were going and it was Fuji!! So I get to see Mnt.
Fuji! So now I am a Bean!!! So... I think they've accepted me as there
own.... Haha jodan (joke)
Also apparently it takes 4 hours to get to where we were to Fuji!
So waited for the Elders going to Fukuroi, and got on a train! We got
off, got food (McDonald's....) got on another train. Where Patrick姉妹
and I sat next to a lady and we stared to talk to her! Patrick姉妹 asked
her if she ever thought about the purpose of life and she said that
she loved talking about that kind of stuff with her friends! So
Patrick姉妹 tried giving her a pamphlet but she said she wasn't that
interested! But we continued talking with her and she said she was
interested in going to church so we gave her a I'm a Mormon card with
the info about church! She seemed really excited! So I hope that she
went and that she will become a investigator in that area?! Who
knows!:) we got on a a different train and One of the elders talked to
people and beat boxed for them! Which is a very good conversation
starter! I look at the people and I already love them! Even though
I've been kind of scared to talk to them the first few days, I wish I
could help them all! So... Why not?!:)
We decided that it would be to late to go all the way to Fuji so we
stopped in Fukuroi, we stopped at a less active members house! She
owns 11 cats!!!!!!!! We met with the sisters in that area there! It
was Stone姉妹 and Sargent姉妹 (who was in my MTC zone!) (also Patrick姉妹
trained stone 姉妹)! We then went back to their apartment!
We woke early to go to Fuji! We go to Fuji and went into our apartment
and right outside the window is Fujisan! It is so pretty! We then went
and bought my bike, went to a members house, where she feed us some
weird noodle stuff, and Patrick shimai found a bug in her drink, and
am Maggot in some corn! Then I found one in my drink!!!! It was so
gross!! We headed back and had to pack to go back to Fukuroi, because
Patrickshimai had to go to a meeting back to the honbu! So I was on
splits with stone and Sargent shimai!
With stone and Sargent shimai we went and to a OB appointment and then
went to Sushi with her and two other girls! It was super delicious and
super cheap! After Sushi we went and taught English! It was so much
The next day we went with one of their investigators to a old folks
home and wore Halloween hats and helped them do their exercises with
them!! They were so cute!
After, we were riding our bikes and stopped this one girl, we got her
number, then we stopped someone right after and got her number!! It is
apparently not usual that that happens! So it was good!:)
Patrick shimai came back at night,
Then we went early in the morning to Fuji!
Sorry I don't have a lot of time, but I met the ward yesterday and
they are all super nice, I bore my testimony and, we had dinner at
this really nice lady!
I'll try to write more next week! I love it here!!